Way of the Spirit:
Contemplative Study in Community
What is the Way of the Spirit program?
Way of the Spirit provides a time and place apart to come home to who you are meant to be with God. Participants deepen faithfulness and explore leadings in life-changing community. The program empowers and strengthens Spirit-led service or ministry.
- Participant’s article in Western Friend Nov 2012
- A series of three multi-night residential retreats over the course of a year, with an optional second year.
- Committed study, spiritual practice, and supportive community.
- Small group size: continuing program maximum 15 participants.
- Expert guest presenters available for meaningful dialogue during the retreat.
- An experiential approach to spiritual growth in the manner of Friends (Quakers) which integrates intellectual content with spiritual discipline, prayerful dialogue and shared worship
- Between modules, the program includes private online reflection group, personal spiritual experiments, and accompaniment sessions
- Welcoming those who feel aligned with this vision from diverse faith communities including Evangelical and Unprogrammed Quakers
- $375 for Module One as a stand alone trial
- $2,700 for Year One of the continuing program
- Funded through participant fees and tax deductible donations through Good News Associates
2016 Retreat Dates:
All retreats at Shalom Prayer Center, Mt. Angel, OR
Year One Class
- February 12-15, Module 1 Spiritual Discernment
- April 27-May1, Module 2 Blessed Community
- August 24-28 Module 3 Spirit-Led Service/Ministry
Year Two Class
- January 20-24, Module 4 Spiritual Accompaniment/Quaker Eldering
- March 30-April 3, Module 5 Prophetic Ministry
- October 5-9 Module 6 Trust and Next Steps